- Blood pressure and heart rate response to isometric exercise: The effect of spinal cord injury in humans.
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Video Review: Fitness 1-2-3™ Video on Balance/Core Training
- Pilates for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury
- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Pain is a Major Secondary Condition Among People with Spinal Cord Injury
- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Osteoporosis Risk and Low Bone Mineral Density in People with Spinal Cord Injury
- Long-term exercise training in persons with spinal cord injury: effects on strength, arm ergometry performance and psychological well-being.
- Metabolic and cardiopulmonary responses to acute progressive resistive exercise in a person with C4 spinal cord injury.
- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Using Evidence-Based Physical Activity Guidelines to Reduce Secondary Conditions in People with Spinal Cord Injury
- Video Review: Fit for the Future
- A Protective Prescription for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries
- Feeling Good: Exercising with Spinal Cord Injury
- Week 5 Video Tip: Activities You Can Do at Home
- Veterans with Limb Loss
- Exercise Program for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries: Paraplegia - Video & Quick Series Booklet
- Exercise Induced Change in Psychological Well-Being among Spinal Cord Injury
- Assessment of holistic wellness program for persons with spinal cord injury
Funding for this video clip series has been provided by:
Funding for the quick series booklet has been provided by:
|A display of NCHPAD products - DVD, Video & Quick Series Booklet.|
To order or for other pricing information, please click here.
NCHPAD presents "Exercise Program for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries: Tetraplegia." This new release is the second exercise video produced by the National Center on Health, Physical Activity, and Disability, and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC), and funding for duplication and distribution provided by the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.
Designed for individuals with tetraplegia, this video provides a complete exercise program and features:
- A 25-minute aerobic segment, complete with a warm-up and a cool-down
- A strengthening segment, with participants using elastic resistance bands or free weights
- A flexibility and cool-down segment
Additional features include:
- Closed captioning for individuals with hearing impairments
- Music and instruction option
- Music only option
The NCHPAD Quick Series Guide on Exercise for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injuries: Tetraplegia is a pocket-sized reference guide on exercise for individuals with tetraplegia. This is an excellent resource that can be used to complement the exercise video, or as a guide while exercising in your home or at the fitness center.
The video is not intended as an exercise prescription, nor should it be used in place of physical therapy or exercises prescribed by your doctor. It is intended to incorporate physical activity into daily life.
This video is available in both DVD and VHS formats.
Funding for this video is provided by Grant/ Cooperative Agreement number U59/CCU522742-02 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Additional funding for the video was provided by the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center. Additional funding for the quick series booklet was provided by the Paralyzed Veterans of America: Education Foundation.
To preview the SCI video, please refer to the following sections.