- The Story Behind the "Overcoming Obstacles to Nutrition" Cooking System
- The 5 to 9-A-Day Challenge
- Nutrition Spotlight: Give the Gift of Good Health
- Health promotion practices in women with multiple sclerosis.
- 5-A-Day is just the Beginning!
- Week 3 Video Tip: Serving and Portion Sizes
- Resources for 14-Week Virtual Trainer Program
- Breast Cancer Awareness: The Power of Prevention
- Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis and Nutrition
Estimating Serving Sizes
What is a serving size?
- Understanding serving (portion) sizes along with making good food choices is a part of healthy eating. Sometimes it can be difficult to visualize an ounce and a half of cheese (1 serving size from the Food Guide Pyramid).
- Not knowing how much food you are eating may result in consuming too many or too few calories. This may lead to problems with weight management.
- Following are some ways that will help you estimate a serving size.